Runoff scheduled for Harden’s Senate seat
by Associated Press
Published: February 6,2013
JACKSON — Former Jackson city councilman Marshand Crisler and former Jackson Public Schools school board member Sollie B. Norwood will vie in a Feb. 26 runoff to complete the term of the late state Sen. Sen. Alice Harden.
Harden, a Democrat from Jackson, died in December.
Nine candidates were on the ballot in the special election for the District 28 post.
Complete, but unofficial returns showed Crisler got 25 percent of the vote and Norwood got 22.5 percent of the vote. Harden’s niece, Tamarra Grace Butler, got 22.1 percent of the vote.
Senate District 28 is located entirely in Hinds County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Appeals panel rules against town in race discrimination case
- Entrepreneurs want ordinance change to add micro-brewery