Runoff scheduled for Harden’s Senate seat
Published: February 6,2013
JACKSON — Former Jackson city councilman Marshand Crisler and former Jackson Public Schools school board member Sollie B. Norwood will vie in a Feb. 26 runoff to complete the term of the late state Sen. Sen. Alice Harden.
Harden, a Democrat from Jackson, died in December.
Nine candidates were on the ballot in the special election for the District 28 post.
Complete, but unofficial returns showed Crisler got 25 percent of the vote and Norwood got 22.5 percent of the vote. Harden’s niece, Tamarra Grace Butler, got 22.1 percent of the vote.
Senate District 28 is located entirely in Hinds County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss