Ag Department unveils new annual magazine
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2013
JACKSON — The Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce recently showcased the premier issue of Mississippi Agriculture, a comprehensive guide to the states’ farms, food, and commerce at the Capitol today.
Joined by several of those who contributed to the magazine, Agriculture and Commerce Commissioner Cindy Hyde-Smith said, “Mississippi Agriculture gives us the opportunity to show how food gets from the farm to the table from the perspective of those who are responsible for feeding the world’s growing population.”
The annual publication, sponsored by the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce, utilizes a combination of original photography, reader-friendly graphics and farmer profiles to tell the story of Mississippi agriculture from the perspective of those that live it each day. Mississippi Agriculture will serve as an educational tool to increase awareness of the important role that agriculture plays in the local, state, and global economy. The magazine will also promote the state’s largest industry to a growing number of consumers concerned about their families’ food source.
The digital version of Mississippi Agriculture is available online at www.msagriculture.com. In addition to featuring the magazine, the website contains hundreds of farm-to-fork recipes, gardening ideas, farmers market guides, nutrition information, and agriculture stats and facts.
Mississippi Agriculture is available to the public at no charge. This magazine is supported through advertisements and at no cost to the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce. A copy of the magazine can be obtained at the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce, the Mississippi Farmers Market, and the Mississippi Agriculture and Forestry Museum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy