Ag Department unveils new annual magazine
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2013
JACKSON — The Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce recently showcased the premier issue of Mississippi Agriculture, a comprehensive guide to the states’ farms, food, and commerce at the Capitol today.
Joined by several of those who contributed to the magazine, Agriculture and Commerce Commissioner Cindy Hyde-Smith said, “Mississippi Agriculture gives us the opportunity to show how food gets from the farm to the table from the perspective of those who are responsible for feeding the world’s growing population.”
The annual publication, sponsored by the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce, utilizes a combination of original photography, reader-friendly graphics and farmer profiles to tell the story of Mississippi agriculture from the perspective of those that live it each day. Mississippi Agriculture will serve as an educational tool to increase awareness of the important role that agriculture plays in the local, state, and global economy. The magazine will also promote the state’s largest industry to a growing number of consumers concerned about their families’ food source.
The digital version of Mississippi Agriculture is available online at www.msagriculture.com. In addition to featuring the magazine, the website contains hundreds of farm-to-fork recipes, gardening ideas, farmers market guides, nutrition information, and agriculture stats and facts.
Mississippi Agriculture is available to the public at no charge. This magazine is supported through advertisements and at no cost to the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce. A copy of the magazine can be obtained at the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce, the Mississippi Farmers Market, and the Mississippi Agriculture and Forestry Museum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015