Corps chooses Hengst
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2013
Thomas L. Hengst has recently been chosen as the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers’ chief of river operations at the Vicksburg District. Prior to his new appointment, Hengst served as the chief of flood control and hydropower. He has also held the positions of project manager and senior project manager in the programs, projects and management section. He began his career at the Vicksburg District as a cost engineer.
Hengst is a native of Sharkey County and grew up in Rolling Fork. He received his bachelor of science degree in civil engineering from Mississippi State University. He is a registered professional engineer and professional land surveyor in the State of Mississippi.
He and his wife, Pamela, are the parents of three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind