Corps chooses Hengst
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2013
Thomas L. Hengst has recently been chosen as the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers’ chief of river operations at the Vicksburg District. Prior to his new appointment, Hengst served as the chief of flood control and hydropower. He has also held the positions of project manager and senior project manager in the programs, projects and management section. He began his career at the Vicksburg District as a cost engineer.
Hengst is a native of Sharkey County and grew up in Rolling Fork. He received his bachelor of science degree in civil engineering from Mississippi State University. He is a registered professional engineer and professional land surveyor in the State of Mississippi.
He and his wife, Pamela, are the parents of three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university