Elasri awarded grant
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2013
Dr. Mohamed Elasri, associate professor of biological sciences at the University of Southern Mississippi, has been awarded a $439,000 grant by the National Institutes of Health to assist in his research of the staphylococcus aureus human pathogen. The grant, to be divided over three years, will help Elasri and his colleagues further study ways to prevent staph infections that are associated with implanted medical devices.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi