Elasri awarded grant
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2013
Dr. Mohamed Elasri, associate professor of biological sciences at the University of Southern Mississippi, has been awarded a $439,000 grant by the National Institutes of Health to assist in his research of the staphylococcus aureus human pathogen. The grant, to be divided over three years, will help Elasri and his colleagues further study ways to prevent staph infections that are associated with implanted medical devices.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'