Elasri awarded grant
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2013
Dr. Mohamed Elasri, associate professor of biological sciences at the University of Southern Mississippi, has been awarded a $439,000 grant by the National Institutes of Health to assist in his research of the staphylococcus aureus human pathogen. The grant, to be divided over three years, will help Elasri and his colleagues further study ways to prevent staph infections that are associated with implanted medical devices.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015