Entergy sees quarterly net income soar
Published: February 8,2013
NEW ORLEANS — Electric power company Entergy Corp.’s fourth-quarter net income nearly doubled helped by lower income tax expenses.
The New Orleans-based utility earned $296.3 million, or $1.66 per share, in the three months ended Dec. 31, up from $154.1 million, or 87 cents per share, in the same quarter last year.
Excluding one-time items, the company said it posted an adjusted profit of $1.72 per share for the recent quarter.
Analysts, on average, expected a profit of 95 cents per share on $3.15 billion in revenue, according to FactSet.
The company said profit at its utility business jumped 65 percent to $279.7 million, largely as a result of lower income tax expense stemming from a settlement with the Internal Revenue Service that was completed at the end of 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts
- The leadership styles of President Obama