Entergy sees quarterly net income soar
Published: February 8,2013
NEW ORLEANS — Electric power company Entergy Corp.’s fourth-quarter net income nearly doubled helped by lower income tax expenses.
The New Orleans-based utility earned $296.3 million, or $1.66 per share, in the three months ended Dec. 31, up from $154.1 million, or 87 cents per share, in the same quarter last year.
Excluding one-time items, the company said it posted an adjusted profit of $1.72 per share for the recent quarter.
Analysts, on average, expected a profit of 95 cents per share on $3.15 billion in revenue, according to FactSet.
The company said profit at its utility business jumped 65 percent to $279.7 million, largely as a result of lower income tax expense stemming from a settlement with the Internal Revenue Service that was completed at the end of 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17