Entergy sees quarterly net income soar
Published: February 8,2013
NEW ORLEANS — Electric power company Entergy Corp.’s fourth-quarter net income nearly doubled helped by lower income tax expenses.
The New Orleans-based utility earned $296.3 million, or $1.66 per share, in the three months ended Dec. 31, up from $154.1 million, or 87 cents per share, in the same quarter last year.
Excluding one-time items, the company said it posted an adjusted profit of $1.72 per share for the recent quarter.
Analysts, on average, expected a profit of 95 cents per share on $3.15 billion in revenue, according to FactSet.
The company said profit at its utility business jumped 65 percent to $279.7 million, largely as a result of lower income tax expense stemming from a settlement with the Internal Revenue Service that was completed at the end of 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training