Entergy sees quarterly net income soar
Published: February 8,2013
NEW ORLEANS — Electric power company Entergy Corp.’s fourth-quarter net income nearly doubled helped by lower income tax expenses.
The New Orleans-based utility earned $296.3 million, or $1.66 per share, in the three months ended Dec. 31, up from $154.1 million, or 87 cents per share, in the same quarter last year.
Excluding one-time items, the company said it posted an adjusted profit of $1.72 per share for the recent quarter.
Analysts, on average, expected a profit of 95 cents per share on $3.15 billion in revenue, according to FactSet.
The company said profit at its utility business jumped 65 percent to $279.7 million, largely as a result of lower income tax expense stemming from a settlement with the Internal Revenue Service that was completed at the end of 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center