Loden’s contract extended
The Tupelo school board has extended the contract of superintendent Gearl Loden. The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports Loden’s contract now runs an additional year — through June 30, 2017. Loden was hired by the district last February and given a four-year contract that began on July 1, 2012.
He came to Tupelo after leading Amory schools. Loden replaced interim superintendent David Meadows.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau