Loden’s contract extended
The Tupelo school board has extended the contract of superintendent Gearl Loden. The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports Loden’s contract now runs an additional year — through June 30, 2017. Loden was hired by the district last February and given a four-year contract that began on July 1, 2012.
He came to Tupelo after leading Amory schools. Loden replaced interim superintendent David Meadows.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015