Norris wins appointment
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2013
Gov. Phil Bryant has appointed Gulf Coast business leader Jack Norris to the Mississippi State Port Authority Board of Commissioners. Norris will assume the unexpired term of former port commissioner Frances Turnage, who resigned Dec. 14, 2012.
Norris is president of the Gulf Coast Business Council. He previously served under Gov. Haley Barbour as executive director of the Governor’s Office of Recovery and Renewal.
Norris holds a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions