Norris wins appointment
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2013
Gov. Phil Bryant has appointed Gulf Coast business leader Jack Norris to the Mississippi State Port Authority Board of Commissioners. Norris will assume the unexpired term of former port commissioner Frances Turnage, who resigned Dec. 14, 2012.
Norris is president of the Gulf Coast Business Council. He previously served under Gov. Haley Barbour as executive director of the Governor’s Office of Recovery and Renewal.
Norris holds a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love