Norris wins appointment
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2013
Gov. Phil Bryant has appointed Gulf Coast business leader Jack Norris to the Mississippi State Port Authority Board of Commissioners. Norris will assume the unexpired term of former port commissioner Frances Turnage, who resigned Dec. 14, 2012.
Norris is president of the Gulf Coast Business Council. He previously served under Gov. Haley Barbour as executive director of the Governor’s Office of Recovery and Renewal.
Norris holds a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so