Norris wins appointment
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2013
Gov. Phil Bryant has appointed Gulf Coast business leader Jack Norris to the Mississippi State Port Authority Board of Commissioners. Norris will assume the unexpired term of former port commissioner Frances Turnage, who resigned Dec. 14, 2012.
Norris is president of the Gulf Coast Business Council. He previously served under Gov. Haley Barbour as executive director of the Governor’s Office of Recovery and Renewal.
Norris holds a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip