Norris wins appointment
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2013
Gov. Phil Bryant has appointed Gulf Coast business leader Jack Norris to the Mississippi State Port Authority Board of Commissioners. Norris will assume the unexpired term of former port commissioner Frances Turnage, who resigned Dec. 14, 2012.
Norris is president of the Gulf Coast Business Council. He previously served under Gov. Haley Barbour as executive director of the Governor’s Office of Recovery and Renewal.
Norris holds a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well