Webster dies in accident
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2013
Former Coahoma County Court Judge Joe Webster died Jan. 16 after a traffic accident in Clarksdale. Webster, 65, of Clarksdale, continued to preside over cases as a senior status judge by appointment of the Mississippi Supreme Court. He handled 15 cases by appointment of the Supreme Court in 2012. Webster served as a County Court judge for 20 years. He was elected in 1982 and served through December 2002.
He was a graduate of the University of Mississippi and the University of Mississippi School of Law. Webster was admitted to the bar in 1972, and engaged in private law practice for 10 years before he was elected to the bench.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy