Webster dies in accident
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2013
Former Coahoma County Court Judge Joe Webster died Jan. 16 after a traffic accident in Clarksdale. Webster, 65, of Clarksdale, continued to preside over cases as a senior status judge by appointment of the Mississippi Supreme Court. He handled 15 cases by appointment of the Supreme Court in 2012. Webster served as a County Court judge for 20 years. He was elected in 1982 and served through December 2002.
He was a graduate of the University of Mississippi and the University of Mississippi School of Law. Webster was admitted to the bar in 1972, and engaged in private law practice for 10 years before he was elected to the bench.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life