Webster dies in accident
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2013
Former Coahoma County Court Judge Joe Webster died Jan. 16 after a traffic accident in Clarksdale. Webster, 65, of Clarksdale, continued to preside over cases as a senior status judge by appointment of the Mississippi Supreme Court. He handled 15 cases by appointment of the Supreme Court in 2012. Webster served as a County Court judge for 20 years. He was elected in 1982 and served through December 2002.
He was a graduate of the University of Mississippi and the University of Mississippi School of Law. Webster was admitted to the bar in 1972, and engaged in private law practice for 10 years before he was elected to the bench.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment