Webster dies in accident
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2013
Former Coahoma County Court Judge Joe Webster died Jan. 16 after a traffic accident in Clarksdale. Webster, 65, of Clarksdale, continued to preside over cases as a senior status judge by appointment of the Mississippi Supreme Court. He handled 15 cases by appointment of the Supreme Court in 2012. Webster served as a County Court judge for 20 years. He was elected in 1982 and served through December 2002.
He was a graduate of the University of Mississippi and the University of Mississippi School of Law. Webster was admitted to the bar in 1972, and engaged in private law practice for 10 years before he was elected to the bench.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan