Webster dies in accident
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2013
Former Coahoma County Court Judge Joe Webster died Jan. 16 after a traffic accident in Clarksdale. Webster, 65, of Clarksdale, continued to preside over cases as a senior status judge by appointment of the Mississippi Supreme Court. He handled 15 cases by appointment of the Supreme Court in 2012. Webster served as a County Court judge for 20 years. He was elected in 1982 and served through December 2002.
He was a graduate of the University of Mississippi and the University of Mississippi School of Law. Webster was admitted to the bar in 1972, and engaged in private law practice for 10 years before he was elected to the bench.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- Governor signs fracking bill as database comes under scrutiny
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- The leadership styles of President Obama