Last phase of Highway 6 project nearing completion
Published: February 12,2013
LEE COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation says work on the final phase of the four-laning of Highway 6 in Lee County is in its final phase.
The last section remaining to be completed will run from Highway 342 in Pontotoc to Highway 45 in Tupelo.
WTVA TV reports the $26-million project was awarded to APAC-Mississippi Inc.
The work includes prep work, paving, striping and placing signs on the highway.
Officials say the work is expected to be completed by June of 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete