Last phase of Highway 6 project nearing completion
Published: February 12,2013
LEE COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation says work on the final phase of the four-laning of Highway 6 in Lee County is in its final phase.
The last section remaining to be completed will run from Highway 342 in Pontotoc to Highway 45 in Tupelo.
WTVA TV reports the $26-million project was awarded to APAC-Mississippi Inc.
The work includes prep work, paving, striping and placing signs on the highway.
Officials say the work is expected to be completed by June of 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again