Last phase of Highway 6 project nearing completion
by Associated Press
Published: February 12,2013
LEE COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation says work on the final phase of the four-laning of Highway 6 in Lee County is in its final phase.
The last section remaining to be completed will run from Highway 342 in Pontotoc to Highway 45 in Tupelo.
WTVA TV reports the $26-million project was awarded to APAC-Mississippi Inc.
The work includes prep work, paving, striping and placing signs on the highway.
Officials say the work is expected to be completed by June of 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy