Last phase of Highway 6 project nearing completion
by Associated Press
Published: February 12,2013
LEE COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation says work on the final phase of the four-laning of Highway 6 in Lee County is in its final phase.
The last section remaining to be completed will run from Highway 342 in Pontotoc to Highway 45 in Tupelo.
WTVA TV reports the $26-million project was awarded to APAC-Mississippi Inc.
The work includes prep work, paving, striping and placing signs on the highway.
Officials say the work is expected to be completed by June of 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property