EastGroup’s profits soar due to warehouse deal
Published: February 13,2013
JACKSON — EastGroup Properties’ profit nearly doubled in the fourth quarter thanks to the sale of an Oklahoma warehouse.
The real estate investment trust said Tuesday that quarterly profit rose to $12.2 million, or 41 cents per share. That’s up from $6.4 million, or 24 cents per share, in 2011’s fourth quarter.
For all of 2012, EastGroup profits rose to $32.4 million, or $1.13 per share. That’s up 45 percent from $22.4 million, or 83 cents per share, in 2011.
EastGroup says it sold a building in Tulsa, Okla., for $10.3 million.
The company said that in 2013, it expects to earn between $1.02 per share and $1.12 per share.
Quarterly revenue rose 7.3 percent to $46.9 million, while yearly revenue rose 7.5 percent to $186.2 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi