EastGroup’s profits soar due to warehouse deal
Published: February 13,2013
JACKSON — EastGroup Properties’ profit nearly doubled in the fourth quarter thanks to the sale of an Oklahoma warehouse.
The real estate investment trust said Tuesday that quarterly profit rose to $12.2 million, or 41 cents per share. That’s up from $6.4 million, or 24 cents per share, in 2011’s fourth quarter.
For all of 2012, EastGroup profits rose to $32.4 million, or $1.13 per share. That’s up 45 percent from $22.4 million, or 83 cents per share, in 2011.
EastGroup says it sold a building in Tulsa, Okla., for $10.3 million.
The company said that in 2013, it expects to earn between $1.02 per share and $1.12 per share.
Quarterly revenue rose 7.3 percent to $46.9 million, while yearly revenue rose 7.5 percent to $186.2 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project