EastGroup’s profits soar due to warehouse deal
Published: February 13,2013
JACKSON — EastGroup Properties’ profit nearly doubled in the fourth quarter thanks to the sale of an Oklahoma warehouse.
The real estate investment trust said Tuesday that quarterly profit rose to $12.2 million, or 41 cents per share. That’s up from $6.4 million, or 24 cents per share, in 2011′s fourth quarter.
For all of 2012, EastGroup profits rose to $32.4 million, or $1.13 per share. That’s up 45 percent from $22.4 million, or 83 cents per share, in 2011.
EastGroup says it sold a building in Tulsa, Okla., for $10.3 million.
The company said that in 2013, it expects to earn between $1.02 per share and $1.12 per share.
Quarterly revenue rose 7.3 percent to $46.9 million, while yearly revenue rose 7.5 percent to $186.2 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62