EastGroup’s profits soar due to warehouse deal
Published: February 13,2013
JACKSON — EastGroup Properties’ profit nearly doubled in the fourth quarter thanks to the sale of an Oklahoma warehouse.
The real estate investment trust said Tuesday that quarterly profit rose to $12.2 million, or 41 cents per share. That’s up from $6.4 million, or 24 cents per share, in 2011′s fourth quarter.
For all of 2012, EastGroup profits rose to $32.4 million, or $1.13 per share. That’s up 45 percent from $22.4 million, or 83 cents per share, in 2011.
EastGroup says it sold a building in Tulsa, Okla., for $10.3 million.
The company said that in 2013, it expects to earn between $1.02 per share and $1.12 per share.
Quarterly revenue rose 7.3 percent to $46.9 million, while yearly revenue rose 7.5 percent to $186.2 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point