VT Halter lands contract to build tug barge
by Associated Press
Published: February 14,2013
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine has gotten a contract to build an articulated tug barge for Bouchard Transportation Co.
The contract includes an option for a second tug. Halter Marine officials say the option must be exercised within 60 days of the initial contract award.
Halter Marine CEO Bill Skinner says in a news release that the barge has a 250,000-barrel capacity and will be used to transport liquid petroleum.
Construction will begin in April at VT Halter Marine’s Pascagoula facility, with delivery scheduled for mid-2015.
The barge will enter into Bouchard’s fleet service in New York.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy