VT Halter lands contract to build tug barge
by Associated Press
Published: February 14,2013
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine has gotten a contract to build an articulated tug barge for Bouchard Transportation Co.
The contract includes an option for a second tug. Halter Marine officials say the option must be exercised within 60 days of the initial contract award.
Halter Marine CEO Bill Skinner says in a news release that the barge has a 250,000-barrel capacity and will be used to transport liquid petroleum.
Construction will begin in April at VT Halter Marine’s Pascagoula facility, with delivery scheduled for mid-2015.
The barge will enter into Bouchard’s fleet service in New York.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute