VT Halter lands contract to build tug barge
by Associated Press
Published: February 14,2013
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine has gotten a contract to build an articulated tug barge for Bouchard Transportation Co.
The contract includes an option for a second tug. Halter Marine officials say the option must be exercised within 60 days of the initial contract award.
Halter Marine CEO Bill Skinner says in a news release that the barge has a 250,000-barrel capacity and will be used to transport liquid petroleum.
Construction will begin in April at VT Halter Marine’s Pascagoula facility, with delivery scheduled for mid-2015.
The barge will enter into Bouchard’s fleet service in New York.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout