VT Halter lands contract to build tug barge
Published: February 14,2013
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine has gotten a contract to build an articulated tug barge for Bouchard Transportation Co.
The contract includes an option for a second tug. Halter Marine officials say the option must be exercised within 60 days of the initial contract award.
Halter Marine CEO Bill Skinner says in a news release that the barge has a 250,000-barrel capacity and will be used to transport liquid petroleum.
Construction will begin in April at VT Halter Marine’s Pascagoula facility, with delivery scheduled for mid-2015.
The barge will enter into Bouchard’s fleet service in New York.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years