VT Halter lands contract to build tug barge
Published: February 14,2013
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine has gotten a contract to build an articulated tug barge for Bouchard Transportation Co.
The contract includes an option for a second tug. Halter Marine officials say the option must be exercised within 60 days of the initial contract award.
Halter Marine CEO Bill Skinner says in a news release that the barge has a 250,000-barrel capacity and will be used to transport liquid petroleum.
Construction will begin in April at VT Halter Marine’s Pascagoula facility, with delivery scheduled for mid-2015.
The barge will enter into Bouchard’s fleet service in New York.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics