Board of Contractors exec warns of post-tornado scams
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 15,2013
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — After extensive damage was reported from a F4 tornado that ravaged Hattiesburg and surrounding areas last Sunday, Mississippi State Board of Contractors (MSBOC) employees were on site surveying damage and urging homeowners and business owners to be vigilant when contracting for storm damage clean up and repairs.
MSBOC executive director Stephanie Sills Lee cautions consumers who were affected by Sunday’s storms to be wary of fraudulent contractors who prey on storm damaged victims. Severe weather damage makes home and property owners attractive targets for repair frauds. Homeowners, especially senior citizens, are routinely approached by door-to-door scam artists.
Consumers can use MSBOC online resources at www.msboc.us to check the license status of the contractor they plan to hire.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19