Bond tapped for board
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 15,2013
Lavell Bond, a resident of the Big Level community, has been appointed to serve on the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College board of trustees representing Stone County. He replaces retired board member L.D. Stringfellow. Bond, an MGCCC alumnus, retired from the college in 2011 after almost six years of overseeing construction projects at MGCCC campuses and centers. He previously owned Lavell Bond Drafting Services Inc. and has served on the board of directors for the Pearl River Valley Electric Power Association for almost 20 years. He is also a deacon at Big Level Baptist Church.
Bond and his wife, Edna, have two sons, MGCCC graduates Jeremy and Jonathan, and six grandchildren. Edna Bond is also an MGCCC alumna and retiree.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win