Bond tapped for board
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 15,2013
Lavell Bond, a resident of the Big Level community, has been appointed to serve on the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College board of trustees representing Stone County. He replaces retired board member L.D. Stringfellow. Bond, an MGCCC alumnus, retired from the college in 2011 after almost six years of overseeing construction projects at MGCCC campuses and centers. He previously owned Lavell Bond Drafting Services Inc. and has served on the board of directors for the Pearl River Valley Electric Power Association for almost 20 years. He is also a deacon at Big Level Baptist Church.
Bond and his wife, Edna, have two sons, MGCCC graduates Jeremy and Jonathan, and six grandchildren. Edna Bond is also an MGCCC alumna and retiree.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist