Bond tapped for board
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 15,2013
Lavell Bond, a resident of the Big Level community, has been appointed to serve on the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College board of trustees representing Stone County. He replaces retired board member L.D. Stringfellow. Bond, an MGCCC alumnus, retired from the college in 2011 after almost six years of overseeing construction projects at MGCCC campuses and centers. He previously owned Lavell Bond Drafting Services Inc. and has served on the board of directors for the Pearl River Valley Electric Power Association for almost 20 years. He is also a deacon at Big Level Baptist Church.
Bond and his wife, Edna, have two sons, MGCCC graduates Jeremy and Jonathan, and six grandchildren. Edna Bond is also an MGCCC alumna and retiree.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62