Bond tapped for board
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 15,2013
Lavell Bond, a resident of the Big Level community, has been appointed to serve on the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College board of trustees representing Stone County. He replaces retired board member L.D. Stringfellow. Bond, an MGCCC alumnus, retired from the college in 2011 after almost six years of overseeing construction projects at MGCCC campuses and centers. He previously owned Lavell Bond Drafting Services Inc. and has served on the board of directors for the Pearl River Valley Electric Power Association for almost 20 years. He is also a deacon at Big Level Baptist Church.
Bond and his wife, Edna, have two sons, MGCCC graduates Jeremy and Jonathan, and six grandchildren. Edna Bond is also an MGCCC alumna and retiree.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete