Foundation recognizes Headrick
Ellisville native Katie Tucker Headrick has been named Volunteer of the Year for 2013 by the Hattiesburg-based Leaf Foundation. She is currently a member of the board of directors for the foundation. According to board chair Michael Marks, Headrick is defined by a lifetime of community service, charitable giving and helping those in need.
Close to Headrick’s heart through personal experience is her work with The Benefit for Domestic Violence and Rape Crisis Program, which assisted Bay, Gulf, Jackson, Franklin and Holmes counties in Florida. Selected as Laurel’s Outstanding Young Woman in 1979 for her work with children and young people in Jones County, the former Miss Ellisville continues that service mode in Lamar County where she now resides.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'