Foundation recognizes Headrick
Ellisville native Katie Tucker Headrick has been named Volunteer of the Year for 2013 by the Hattiesburg-based Leaf Foundation. She is currently a member of the board of directors for the foundation. According to board chair Michael Marks, Headrick is defined by a lifetime of community service, charitable giving and helping those in need.
Close to Headrick’s heart through personal experience is her work with The Benefit for Domestic Violence and Rape Crisis Program, which assisted Bay, Gulf, Jackson, Franklin and Holmes counties in Florida. Selected as Laurel’s Outstanding Young Woman in 1979 for her work with children and young people in Jones County, the former Miss Ellisville continues that service mode in Lamar County where she now resides.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker