Foundation recognizes Headrick
Ellisville native Katie Tucker Headrick has been named Volunteer of the Year for 2013 by the Hattiesburg-based Leaf Foundation. She is currently a member of the board of directors for the foundation. According to board chair Michael Marks, Headrick is defined by a lifetime of community service, charitable giving and helping those in need.
Close to Headrick’s heart through personal experience is her work with The Benefit for Domestic Violence and Rape Crisis Program, which assisted Bay, Gulf, Jackson, Franklin and Holmes counties in Florida. Selected as Laurel’s Outstanding Young Woman in 1979 for her work with children and young people in Jones County, the former Miss Ellisville continues that service mode in Lamar County where she now resides.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement