Foundation recognizes Headrick
Ellisville native Katie Tucker Headrick has been named Volunteer of the Year for 2013 by the Hattiesburg-based Leaf Foundation. She is currently a member of the board of directors for the foundation. According to board chair Michael Marks, Headrick is defined by a lifetime of community service, charitable giving and helping those in need.
Close to Headrick’s heart through personal experience is her work with The Benefit for Domestic Violence and Rape Crisis Program, which assisted Bay, Gulf, Jackson, Franklin and Holmes counties in Florida. Selected as Laurel’s Outstanding Young Woman in 1979 for her work with children and young people in Jones County, the former Miss Ellisville continues that service mode in Lamar County where she now resides.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation