Hoblet named president-elect
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 15,2013
Dr. Kent Hoblet, dean of the Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine, has been selected president-elect for the Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges. He will serve in this role until he becomes president of the association in July 2013. Hoblet, who has been MSU-CVM’s dean since 2006, sees his position with AAVMC as an opportunity to coordinate nationally on many new initiatives in veterinary medicine. Hoblet earned his doctor of veterinary medicine degree and master’s degree at Ohio State University. He was in private practice for 12 years in Ashland, Ohio, before joining the OSU faculty in 1983. Since 1991, he has served as chair of the Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine and as the university’s Extension veterinarian for dairy cattle.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy