Hoblet named president-elect
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 15,2013
Dr. Kent Hoblet, dean of the Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine, has been selected president-elect for the Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges. He will serve in this role until he becomes president of the association in July 2013. Hoblet, who has been MSU-CVM’s dean since 2006, sees his position with AAVMC as an opportunity to coordinate nationally on many new initiatives in veterinary medicine. Hoblet earned his doctor of veterinary medicine degree and master’s degree at Ohio State University. He was in private practice for 12 years in Ashland, Ohio, before joining the OSU faculty in 1983. Since 1991, he has served as chair of the Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine and as the university’s Extension veterinarian for dairy cattle.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant