Hoblet named president-elect
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 15,2013
Dr. Kent Hoblet, dean of the Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine, has been selected president-elect for the Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges. He will serve in this role until he becomes president of the association in July 2013. Hoblet, who has been MSU-CVM’s dean since 2006, sees his position with AAVMC as an opportunity to coordinate nationally on many new initiatives in veterinary medicine. Hoblet earned his doctor of veterinary medicine degree and master’s degree at Ohio State University. He was in private practice for 12 years in Ashland, Ohio, before joining the OSU faculty in 1983. Since 1991, he has served as chair of the Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine and as the university’s Extension veterinarian for dairy cattle.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location