Hoblet named president-elect
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 15,2013
Dr. Kent Hoblet, dean of the Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine, has been selected president-elect for the Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges. He will serve in this role until he becomes president of the association in July 2013. Hoblet, who has been MSU-CVM’s dean since 2006, sees his position with AAVMC as an opportunity to coordinate nationally on many new initiatives in veterinary medicine. Hoblet earned his doctor of veterinary medicine degree and master’s degree at Ohio State University. He was in private practice for 12 years in Ashland, Ohio, before joining the OSU faculty in 1983. Since 1991, he has served as chair of the Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine and as the university’s Extension veterinarian for dairy cattle.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth