Mad Genius wins ‘Best of Show Overall’ at 2013 ADDY Awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 15,2013
JACKSON — The American Advertising Federation of Jackson (AAF Jackson) presented its 2013 ADDY Awards for advertising creative excellence Friday night at The South. This annual awards presentation was attended by more than 110 individuals from local advertising, marketing, graphic design and media businesses.
Of the 202 entries received by AAF Jackson, 21 Gold ADDY Awards, 24 Silver ADDY Awards, 1 Student Gold ADDY Award, and 3 Student Silver ADDY Awards were presented. Entries were judged based on creativity, originality and creative strategy.
Gold and Silver ADDYs were awarded to Creative Distillery; Frontier Strategies; GodwinGroup; Kirkpatrick & Porch Creative; Mad Genius; Maris, West & Baker; Palmtree Productions Inc.; Roberts Creative Group, LLC; The Ramey Agency; and, Think Webstore.
Student Gold and Silver ADDYS were awarded to Belhaven University students: Kristen McCann, Dennis Self, Ana Iverson and Mallory Shields.
Top awards of the evening went to the “Best of Show” winners. Mad Genius was the top winner with Best of Show Overall and Best of Show Digital for its “Fear the Okra” campaign done for client Delta State University. The Ramey Agency captured the Best of Show Broadcast for its client BankPlus and its “Eli” TV campaign. GodwinGroup garnered Best of Show Print for its ProTe HealthCare Magazine Series done for client Butler Snow. Kirkpatrick & Porch Creative received both the Best of Show Public Service and Mosaic Award for Botswana Orphan Care Center’s “Ray of Light” brochure. Best of Show Student went to Kristen McCann from Belhaven University for her “Apple Spider” entry.
The three ADDY judges each recognized an entry for Judge’s Choice: The Ramey Agency received two – one for the Blues Roadtrip Box done for the Mississippi Development Authority and one for the Mississippi Children’s Home Services campaign; and, Maris, West & Baker received one for its “Confirmed Vegetarians” poster done for 4505 Meats.
The “Best of Show” individual awards went to: Graphic Designer of the Year, Alecia Porch with Kirkpatrick & Porch Creative; Art Director of the Year, Keith Fraser with Maris, West & Baker; and, a People’s Choice Award was given to Maris, West & Baker for the “Confirmed Vegetarians” poster.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center