Maqueda earns recognition
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 15,2013
Cheryl Maqueda, assistant professor of Spanish at William Carey University, was recently honored as the Mississippi Foreign Language Association Teacher of Excellence. She was also re-elected as president of the Mississippi chapter of the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese (AATSP) in November. Maqueda and WCU adjunct instructor of French Beth Pierce presented a workshop titled “Culture Sparks” at the 2012 MFLA meeting, and it has been accepted for inclusion in the program at the 2013 AATSP Annual Conference in San Antonio, Texas, scheduled for July. She will also represent Mississippi at the regional South Conference on Language Teaching held in Birmingham, Ala., in March.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity