Maqueda earns recognition
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 15,2013
Cheryl Maqueda, assistant professor of Spanish at William Carey University, was recently honored as the Mississippi Foreign Language Association Teacher of Excellence. She was also re-elected as president of the Mississippi chapter of the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese (AATSP) in November. Maqueda and WCU adjunct instructor of French Beth Pierce presented a workshop titled “Culture Sparks” at the 2012 MFLA meeting, and it has been accepted for inclusion in the program at the 2013 AATSP Annual Conference in San Antonio, Texas, scheduled for July. She will also represent Mississippi at the regional South Conference on Language Teaching held in Birmingham, Ala., in March.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren