Maqueda earns recognition
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 15,2013
Cheryl Maqueda, assistant professor of Spanish at William Carey University, was recently honored as the Mississippi Foreign Language Association Teacher of Excellence. She was also re-elected as president of the Mississippi chapter of the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese (AATSP) in November. Maqueda and WCU adjunct instructor of French Beth Pierce presented a workshop titled “Culture Sparks” at the 2012 MFLA meeting, and it has been accepted for inclusion in the program at the 2013 AATSP Annual Conference in San Antonio, Texas, scheduled for July. She will also represent Mississippi at the regional South Conference on Language Teaching held in Birmingham, Ala., in March.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe