Maqueda earns recognition
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 15,2013
Cheryl Maqueda, assistant professor of Spanish at William Carey University, was recently honored as the Mississippi Foreign Language Association Teacher of Excellence. She was also re-elected as president of the Mississippi chapter of the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese (AATSP) in November. Maqueda and WCU adjunct instructor of French Beth Pierce presented a workshop titled “Culture Sparks” at the 2012 MFLA meeting, and it has been accepted for inclusion in the program at the 2013 AATSP Annual Conference in San Antonio, Texas, scheduled for July. She will also represent Mississippi at the regional South Conference on Language Teaching held in Birmingham, Ala., in March.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy