Maqueda earns recognition
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 15,2013
Cheryl Maqueda, assistant professor of Spanish at William Carey University, was recently honored as the Mississippi Foreign Language Association Teacher of Excellence. She was also re-elected as president of the Mississippi chapter of the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese (AATSP) in November. Maqueda and WCU adjunct instructor of French Beth Pierce presented a workshop titled “Culture Sparks” at the 2012 MFLA meeting, and it has been accepted for inclusion in the program at the 2013 AATSP Annual Conference in San Antonio, Texas, scheduled for July. She will also represent Mississippi at the regional South Conference on Language Teaching held in Birmingham, Ala., in March.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player