Peterson earns accolade
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 15,2013
Daniel Peterson, director of Mississippi State University’s Institute for Genomics, Biocomputing and Biotechnology and scientist with the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station recently won a national award for his collaboration with a team of scientists to map a cotton genome. He received the 2012 Cotton Biotechnology Award from the National Cotton Council of America and Cotton Incorporated. Peterson accepted the honor at the Plant and Animal Genome Conference in San Diego. Scientists from 31 international institutions contributed to the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41