Bridge reopens after closing for floodwaters
Published: February 18,2013
CLARKE COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation says Mississippi Highway 512 is back open near Quitman.
Department spokeswoman Carrie Adams says a 1 ½-mile stretch in Clarke County closed last Wednesday because of flooding. She says it reopened yesterday after the water went back down.
She says it was the only highway in the state closed by high water.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful