Bridge reopens after closing for floodwaters
by Associated Press
Published: February 18,2013
CLARKE COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation says Mississippi Highway 512 is back open near Quitman.
Department spokeswoman Carrie Adams says a 1 ½-mile stretch in Clarke County closed last Wednesday because of flooding. She says it reopened yesterday after the water went back down.
She says it was the only highway in the state closed by high water.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Stacey Pickering wins Patriot Award
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound