Bridge reopens after closing for floodwaters
by Associated Press
Published: February 18,2013
CLARKE COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation says Mississippi Highway 512 is back open near Quitman.
Department spokeswoman Carrie Adams says a 1 ½-mile stretch in Clarke County closed last Wednesday because of flooding. She says it reopened yesterday after the water went back down.
She says it was the only highway in the state closed by high water.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom