Bridge reopens after closing for floodwaters
Published: February 18,2013
CLARKE COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation says Mississippi Highway 512 is back open near Quitman.
Department spokeswoman Carrie Adams says a 1 ½-mile stretch in Clarke County closed last Wednesday because of flooding. She says it reopened yesterday after the water went back down.
She says it was the only highway in the state closed by high water.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal