Bridge reopens after closing for floodwaters
by Associated Press
Published: February 18,2013
CLARKE COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation says Mississippi Highway 512 is back open near Quitman.
Department spokeswoman Carrie Adams says a 1 ½-mile stretch in Clarke County closed last Wednesday because of flooding. She says it reopened yesterday after the water went back down.
She says it was the only highway in the state closed by high water.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State