C Spire sponsoring Internet radio college sports programming
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 18,2013
RIDGELAND — C Spire Wireless and VSporto are teaming up to power two college sports Internet radio channels.
C Spire Wireless is now the title sponsor of VSporto’s Bulldog Sports Radio and Rebel Sports Radio. Each channel provides 24-hour coverage of Mississippi State University and University of Mississippi athletics, respectively, and can be streamed through free mobile smartphone applications on the Android and iOS platforms.
VSporto’s emphasis on mobile content distribution combined with their large audience spread across the Southeast made the network a natural partner for C Spire’s personalized approach to customer products, services and programs.
“Personalized content consumption is increasingly moving to mobile platforms like smartphones and tablets and our partnership with VSporto will enable consumers who are passionate about college sports to enjoy more ways to engage and interact with their favorite brands through this program,” said Jim Richmond, vice president of corporate communications for C Spire.
As a part of the partnership, VSporto’s network of channels also will carry live broadcasts of C Spire’s Conerly, Howell and Gillom and Ferris trophy presentations, giving fans everywhere the opportunity to experience the awards programs and events honoring the Magnolia State’s top college football player, top male and female basketball players and top baseball player.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- The leadership styles of President Obama