C Spire sponsoring Internet radio college sports programming
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 18,2013
RIDGELAND — C Spire Wireless and VSporto are teaming up to power two college sports Internet radio channels.
C Spire Wireless is now the title sponsor of VSporto’s Bulldog Sports Radio and Rebel Sports Radio. Each channel provides 24-hour coverage of Mississippi State University and University of Mississippi athletics, respectively, and can be streamed through free mobile smartphone applications on the Android and iOS platforms.
VSporto’s emphasis on mobile content distribution combined with their large audience spread across the Southeast made the network a natural partner for C Spire’s personalized approach to customer products, services and programs.
“Personalized content consumption is increasingly moving to mobile platforms like smartphones and tablets and our partnership with VSporto will enable consumers who are passionate about college sports to enjoy more ways to engage and interact with their favorite brands through this program,” said Jim Richmond, vice president of corporate communications for C Spire.
As a part of the partnership, VSporto’s network of channels also will carry live broadcasts of C Spire’s Conerly, Howell and Gillom and Ferris trophy presentations, giving fans everywhere the opportunity to experience the awards programs and events honoring the Magnolia State’s top college football player, top male and female basketball players and top baseball player.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal