Trustmark completes purchase of Alabama-based bank
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 18,2013
JACKSON — Trustmark Corporation has completed its merger with Mobile, Ala.-based BancTrust Financial Group Inc., as well as the merger of BankTrust with and into Trustmark National Bank.
Gerard R. Host, President and CEO of Trustmark, stated, “We are delighted to expand the Trustmark franchise across Alabama, including the attractive Mobile, Montgomery and Selma markets, as well as strengthening our franchise along the Florida Panhandle. At this time, BankTrust customers should continue to conduct their banking business as usual, using existing branches, checks and ATM or debit cards until the completion of system changes during the weekend of March 23-24. Beginning March 25, 2013, BankTrust customers will have an expanded offering of products and services, as well as the convenience provided by more than 170 additional Trustmark banking centers in Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee and Texas.”
Subject to the terms of the merger agreement with BancTrust dated May 28, 2012, Trustmark will issue approximately 2.25 million shares of its common stock for all issued and outstanding shares of BancTrust common stock, with holders of BancTrust common stock receiving 0.125 shares of Trustmark common stock for each share of BancTrust common stock that they owned. BancTrust’s registered shareholders will receive a letter of instructions describing the procedure for exchanging their certificates.
In connection with the merger, Trustmark today completed the purchase of BancTrust’s 50,000 shares of Fixed Rate Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock, Series A, along with the Warrant associated with the Preferred Stock, from the U.S. Department of Treasury.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC