Virtual college to use Instructure’s Canvas as learning platform
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2013
JACKSON — The Mississippi Community College Board and the state’s 15 community colleges recently selected Canvas by Instructure as the learning platform for the Mississippi Virtual Community College (MSVCC).
This partnership marks the beginning of a five-year engagement with Instructure, a company in eLearning technology.
Because Canvas runs in “the cloud,” MSVCC will recognize a cost savings of approximately $1.5 million per year.
The MSVCC is expected to “go live” on the Canvas platform beginning with the summer 2013 term.
“The MSVCC is a great resource of our community colleges, and we are excited about our new relationship with Instructure,” said Dr. Eric Clark, executive director of the Mississippi Community College Board. “We are saving a significant amount of money by moving our learning management system to the cloud. Our community college system strives to be good stewards of Mississippi’s tax dollars, and this is a wonderful example of that commitment.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators