Virtual college to use Instructure’s Canvas as learning platform
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2013
JACKSON — The Mississippi Community College Board and the state’s 15 community colleges recently selected Canvas by Instructure as the learning platform for the Mississippi Virtual Community College (MSVCC).
This partnership marks the beginning of a five-year engagement with Instructure, a company in eLearning technology.
Because Canvas runs in “the cloud,” MSVCC will recognize a cost savings of approximately $1.5 million per year.
The MSVCC is expected to “go live” on the Canvas platform beginning with the summer 2013 term.
“The MSVCC is a great resource of our community colleges, and we are excited about our new relationship with Instructure,” said Dr. Eric Clark, executive director of the Mississippi Community College Board. “We are saving a significant amount of money by moving our learning management system to the cloud. Our community college system strives to be good stewards of Mississippi’s tax dollars, and this is a wonderful example of that commitment.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson