Virtual college to use Instructure’s Canvas as learning platform
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2013
JACKSON — The Mississippi Community College Board and the state’s 15 community colleges recently selected Canvas by Instructure as the learning platform for the Mississippi Virtual Community College (MSVCC).
This partnership marks the beginning of a five-year engagement with Instructure, a company in eLearning technology.
Because Canvas runs in “the cloud,” MSVCC will recognize a cost savings of approximately $1.5 million per year.
The MSVCC is expected to “go live” on the Canvas platform beginning with the summer 2013 term.
“The MSVCC is a great resource of our community colleges, and we are excited about our new relationship with Instructure,” said Dr. Eric Clark, executive director of the Mississippi Community College Board. “We are saving a significant amount of money by moving our learning management system to the cloud. Our community college system strives to be good stewards of Mississippi’s tax dollars, and this is a wonderful example of that commitment.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip