Virtual college to use Instructure’s Canvas as learning platform
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2013
JACKSON — The Mississippi Community College Board and the state’s 15 community colleges recently selected Canvas by Instructure as the learning platform for the Mississippi Virtual Community College (MSVCC).
This partnership marks the beginning of a five-year engagement with Instructure, a company in eLearning technology.
Because Canvas runs in “the cloud,” MSVCC will recognize a cost savings of approximately $1.5 million per year.
The MSVCC is expected to “go live” on the Canvas platform beginning with the summer 2013 term.
“The MSVCC is a great resource of our community colleges, and we are excited about our new relationship with Instructure,” said Dr. Eric Clark, executive director of the Mississippi Community College Board. “We are saving a significant amount of money by moving our learning management system to the cloud. Our community college system strives to be good stewards of Mississippi’s tax dollars, and this is a wonderful example of that commitment.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers