Mayor arrested on federal bribery charges, no details released
Published: February 21,2013
VICKSBURG — Mayor Paul Winfield has been arrested on federal bribery charges.
FBI spokeswoman Deborah Madden says Winfield was arrested in Vicksburg by federal agents. No details of Winfield’s arrest have been released.
The 39-yar-old Winfield is being held in the Madison County Detention Center in Canton. No initial court appearance has been announced.
He is completing his first term as mayor in the Mississippi River city and qualified to seek re-election.
Winfield also is the subject of a sexual harassment lawsuit from a former city employee. That case is scheduled to go to trial Feb. 10, 2014, before U.S. District Judge David C. Bramlette.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal