Mayor arrested on federal bribery charges, no details released
Published: February 21,2013
VICKSBURG — Mayor Paul Winfield has been arrested on federal bribery charges.
FBI spokeswoman Deborah Madden says Winfield was arrested in Vicksburg by federal agents. No details of Winfield’s arrest have been released.
The 39-yar-old Winfield is being held in the Madison County Detention Center in Canton. No initial court appearance has been announced.
He is completing his first term as mayor in the Mississippi River city and qualified to seek re-election.
Winfield also is the subject of a sexual harassment lawsuit from a former city employee. That case is scheduled to go to trial Feb. 10, 2014, before U.S. District Judge David C. Bramlette.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program