Mayor arrested on federal bribery charges, no details released
Published: February 21,2013
VICKSBURG — Mayor Paul Winfield has been arrested on federal bribery charges.
FBI spokeswoman Deborah Madden says Winfield was arrested in Vicksburg by federal agents. No details of Winfield’s arrest have been released.
The 39-yar-old Winfield is being held in the Madison County Detention Center in Canton. No initial court appearance has been announced.
He is completing his first term as mayor in the Mississippi River city and qualified to seek re-election.
Winfield also is the subject of a sexual harassment lawsuit from a former city employee. That case is scheduled to go to trial Feb. 10, 2014, before U.S. District Judge David C. Bramlette.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation