Welcome Center’s reopening delayed as repairs continue
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 21,2013
PIKE COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) reports that the reopening of the I-55 Welcome Center in Pike County has been delayed.
Last week, the facility was closed due to plumbing problems. The center was scheduled to reopen Feb. 16, but due to the extent of the plumbing repairs did not open as planned.
At this time, MDOT says crews are “working diligently” to make the repairs and reopen the Welcome Center Feb. 23.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use