Welcome Center’s reopening delayed as repairs continue
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 21,2013
PIKE COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) reports that the reopening of the I-55 Welcome Center in Pike County has been delayed.
Last week, the facility was closed due to plumbing problems. The center was scheduled to reopen Feb. 16, but due to the extent of the plumbing repairs did not open as planned.
At this time, MDOT says crews are “working diligently” to make the repairs and reopen the Welcome Center Feb. 23.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders