Welcome Center’s reopening delayed as repairs continue
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 21,2013
PIKE COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) reports that the reopening of the I-55 Welcome Center in Pike County has been delayed.
Last week, the facility was closed due to plumbing problems. The center was scheduled to reopen Feb. 16, but due to the extent of the plumbing repairs did not open as planned.
At this time, MDOT says crews are “working diligently” to make the repairs and reopen the Welcome Center Feb. 23.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement