Welcome Center’s reopening delayed as repairs continue
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 21,2013
PIKE COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) reports that the reopening of the I-55 Welcome Center in Pike County has been delayed.
Last week, the facility was closed due to plumbing problems. The center was scheduled to reopen Feb. 16, but due to the extent of the plumbing repairs did not open as planned.
At this time, MDOT says crews are “working diligently” to make the repairs and reopen the Welcome Center Feb. 23.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand