Welcome Center’s reopening delayed as repairs continue
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 21,2013
PIKE COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) reports that the reopening of the I-55 Welcome Center in Pike County has been delayed.
Last week, the facility was closed due to plumbing problems. The center was scheduled to reopen Feb. 16, but due to the extent of the plumbing repairs did not open as planned.
At this time, MDOT says crews are “working diligently” to make the repairs and reopen the Welcome Center Feb. 23.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win