After much delay, new MDOT headquarters nearing completion
Published: February 22,2013
TUPELO — The long-awaited opening of the Mississippi Department of Transportation’s District 1 headquarters is on track for June.
MDOT project engineer Matt Dunn tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the exterior work is done, but there’s still work left to do on the inside.
The $5.1-million, 34,000-square-foot facility was scheduled to be finished last August, but the general contractor working on the project filed for bankruptcy protection in January 2012.
That set the project back several months, and work had to be re-bid.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money