After much delay, new MDOT headquarters nearing completion
Published: February 22,2013
TUPELO — The long-awaited opening of the Mississippi Department of Transportation’s District 1 headquarters is on track for June.
MDOT project engineer Matt Dunn tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the exterior work is done, but there’s still work left to do on the inside.
The $5.1-million, 34,000-square-foot facility was scheduled to be finished last August, but the general contractor working on the project filed for bankruptcy protection in January 2012.
That set the project back several months, and work had to be re-bid.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'