After much delay, new MDOT headquarters nearing completion
Published: February 22,2013
TUPELO — The long-awaited opening of the Mississippi Department of Transportation’s District 1 headquarters is on track for June.
MDOT project engineer Matt Dunn tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the exterior work is done, but there’s still work left to do on the inside.
The $5.1-million, 34,000-square-foot facility was scheduled to be finished last August, but the general contractor working on the project filed for bankruptcy protection in January 2012.
That set the project back several months, and work had to be re-bid.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training