Carriere elected VP
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 22,2013
Brian Carriere, social studies and political science instructor at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Jefferson Davis Campus, was elected to serve as vice president of the Mississippi Faculty Association for Community and Junior Colleges (MFACJC). The term for vice president will begin immediately due to an existing vacancy and will expire in April 2015. Carriere, currently a doctoral candidate of the University of Southern Mississippi’s International Development program, has worked at MGCCC since 2003. He served on the Gulfport City Council from 2005-2009, has served as both president and vice president of the Jefferson Davis Campus Faculty Association and has been a guest political analyst on WLOX-TV “Sunday Night,” discussing local, state and national topics.
Carriere, who is an MGCCC master trainer, was selected as a 2009 Mississippi Humanities Council Instructor of the Year, is a 2008 graduate of Gulf Coast Business Council’s Masters Program and a graduate of the Mississippi Coast Chamber of Commerce’s 2008 Leadership Gulf Coast program. He was the recipient of the Biloxi Chamber Higher Education Community Involvement Award in 2006.
After serving as vice president, Carriere will serve a two-year term as president of the state association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location