Carriere elected VP
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 22,2013
Brian Carriere, social studies and political science instructor at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Jefferson Davis Campus, was elected to serve as vice president of the Mississippi Faculty Association for Community and Junior Colleges (MFACJC). The term for vice president will begin immediately due to an existing vacancy and will expire in April 2015. Carriere, currently a doctoral candidate of the University of Southern Mississippi’s International Development program, has worked at MGCCC since 2003. He served on the Gulfport City Council from 2005-2009, has served as both president and vice president of the Jefferson Davis Campus Faculty Association and has been a guest political analyst on WLOX-TV “Sunday Night,” discussing local, state and national topics.
Carriere, who is an MGCCC master trainer, was selected as a 2009 Mississippi Humanities Council Instructor of the Year, is a 2008 graduate of Gulf Coast Business Council’s Masters Program and a graduate of the Mississippi Coast Chamber of Commerce’s 2008 Leadership Gulf Coast program. He was the recipient of the Biloxi Chamber Higher Education Community Involvement Award in 2006.
After serving as vice president, Carriere will serve a two-year term as president of the state association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist