Carriere elected VP
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 22,2013
Brian Carriere, social studies and political science instructor at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Jefferson Davis Campus, was elected to serve as vice president of the Mississippi Faculty Association for Community and Junior Colleges (MFACJC). The term for vice president will begin immediately due to an existing vacancy and will expire in April 2015. Carriere, currently a doctoral candidate of the University of Southern Mississippi’s International Development program, has worked at MGCCC since 2003. He served on the Gulfport City Council from 2005-2009, has served as both president and vice president of the Jefferson Davis Campus Faculty Association and has been a guest political analyst on WLOX-TV “Sunday Night,” discussing local, state and national topics.
Carriere, who is an MGCCC master trainer, was selected as a 2009 Mississippi Humanities Council Instructor of the Year, is a 2008 graduate of Gulf Coast Business Council’s Masters Program and a graduate of the Mississippi Coast Chamber of Commerce’s 2008 Leadership Gulf Coast program. He was the recipient of the Biloxi Chamber Higher Education Community Involvement Award in 2006.
After serving as vice president, Carriere will serve a two-year term as president of the state association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability