Host elected to board
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 22,2013
Gerard R. Host, president and CEO of Trustmark Corp., has been elected to the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta’s board of directors. His term runs through Dec. 31, 2015. Host joined Trustmark in 1984 and has served as COO, executive vice president and CFO; chairman of the board of Trustmark Financial Services Inc.; executive vice president of the company’s consumer services group; and, chief investment officer. Prior to joining Trustmark, he was with First National Bank in Mobile, Ala.
Host serves as chairman of the Board of Governors of the Mississippi Economic Council and director and member of the executive committee on the Greater Jackson Chamber Board and is on the board of the Mississippi Bankers Association.
Host received his bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of South Alabama in 1979. He graduated from the National School of Financial & Funds Management at the University of Illinois in 1982 and the Graduate School of Financial & Funds Management at the University of Oklahoma in 1983. He also received a graduate certificate from the LSU School of Banking. He is a 2002 graduate of the Center for Creative Leadership in Greensboro, N.C.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- MSU-CVM professor leads major reference publication
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways