Host elected to board
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 22,2013
Gerard R. Host, president and CEO of Trustmark Corp., has been elected to the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta’s board of directors. His term runs through Dec. 31, 2015. Host joined Trustmark in 1984 and has served as COO, executive vice president and CFO; chairman of the board of Trustmark Financial Services Inc.; executive vice president of the company’s consumer services group; and, chief investment officer. Prior to joining Trustmark, he was with First National Bank in Mobile, Ala.
Host serves as chairman of the Board of Governors of the Mississippi Economic Council and director and member of the executive committee on the Greater Jackson Chamber Board and is on the board of the Mississippi Bankers Association.
Host received his bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of South Alabama in 1979. He graduated from the National School of Financial & Funds Management at the University of Illinois in 1982 and the Graduate School of Financial & Funds Management at the University of Oklahoma in 1983. He also received a graduate certificate from the LSU School of Banking. He is a 2002 graduate of the Center for Creative Leadership in Greensboro, N.C.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun