Keeping Our Eye On David Sprayberry
by Stephen McDill
Published: February 22,2013
David Sprayberry says his professional passion is public relations. Born and raised in Jackson, Sprayberry was a preacher and art teacher’s kid and like his parents combines both message and medium in his role as assistant director of communications for Belhaven University.
“The challenge of finding creative ways to interact with and inform the public is enthralling,” he says.
The Mississippi College public relations graduate says that there is something new to deal with every morning at small liberal arts college in Jackson. “Some days I will take photos, pitch stories to the media or post social media content,” he says. “Other days I will write press releases or coordinate public relations/marketing campaigns.”
Two of the Belhaven’s biggest news stories that Sprayberry promoted last year were the remodeling of historic Fitzhugh Hall and the 80th annual “Singing Christmas Tree” holiday performance.
Before Belhaven, Sprayberry worked in marketing and PR for Icon Art Gallery, Bad News Booking, GodwinGroup and Mississippi Troops to Teachers.
In his spare time, Sprayberry enjoys church activities, writing, performing music and spending time with his wife and two daughters.
“Networking is a key factor to surviving in the current marketplace,” Sprayberry says of the PR industry. “Making important contacts in your industry and in public relations associations can be a source of help, information and future opportunities.”
Best thing about Mississippi: Its uniqueness among other states and that it’s full of the most authentic and inspiring individuals.
Favorite Book: “The Great Gatsby” or “To Kill a Mockingbird”
Favorite Mississippi restaurant: Parlor Market in Jackson
Favorite Movie: “The Quiet Man”
Twitter handle: @BelhavenU
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation