Makamson named publisher
Diane Makamson has been named the publisher of The Bolivar Commercial, effective Jan. 1. Makamson had been interim publisher since the retirement of former publisher Mark Williams. She had previously been the COO and bookkeeper with The Bolivar Commercial. Makamson has worked at the newspaper for 35 years and has experience in all aspects of printing, including knowledge of the Job Shop and of paper delivery.
She and her husband, Kenny, have two grown sons Jason and Jonathan.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division