Makamson named publisher
Diane Makamson has been named the publisher of The Bolivar Commercial, effective Jan. 1. Makamson had been interim publisher since the retirement of former publisher Mark Williams. She had previously been the COO and bookkeeper with The Bolivar Commercial. Makamson has worked at the newspaper for 35 years and has experience in all aspects of printing, including knowledge of the Job Shop and of paper delivery.
She and her husband, Kenny, have two grown sons Jason and Jonathan.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody