Makamson named publisher
Diane Makamson has been named the publisher of The Bolivar Commercial, effective Jan. 1. Makamson had been interim publisher since the retirement of former publisher Mark Williams. She had previously been the COO and bookkeeper with The Bolivar Commercial. Makamson has worked at the newspaper for 35 years and has experience in all aspects of printing, including knowledge of the Job Shop and of paper delivery.
She and her husband, Kenny, have two grown sons Jason and Jonathan.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey