Makamson named publisher
Diane Makamson has been named the publisher of The Bolivar Commercial, effective Jan. 1. Makamson had been interim publisher since the retirement of former publisher Mark Williams. She had previously been the COO and bookkeeper with The Bolivar Commercial. Makamson has worked at the newspaper for 35 years and has experience in all aspects of printing, including knowledge of the Job Shop and of paper delivery.
She and her husband, Kenny, have two grown sons Jason and Jonathan.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren