Richard, Stokes honored
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 22,2013
Marneshia V. Richard and Charles E. Stokes Jr., U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Vicksburg District employees, have been selected to be honored in the category of Modern-Day Technology Leader by the Council of Engineering Deans of Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Lockheed Martin Corporation and U.S. Black Engineer and Information Technology magazine.
Richard is a structural engineer in the Engineering and Construction Division and is responsible for performing structural engineering design work for conventional type structures. A native of Ashland, she earned her bachelor’s and master’s degrees in civil engineering from Mississippi State University. She is a member of the Society of American Military Engineers and is an engineer-in-training for her pre-certification as a registered professional engineer in the State of Mississippi. She is the daughter of Kervin and Martha Richard of Ashland.
Stokes is a civil engineer in the Engineering and Construction Division and is responsible for performing design work for a variety of bank stabilization projects on rivers and streams. He is also responsible for channel improvement structures providing flood control and navigation along the Mississippi River within the boundaries of the Vicksburg District. A native of Utica, Stokes earned his B.S. in civil engineering from Jackson State University. He is a member of the Society of American Military Engineers and Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. He is the son of Charles and Rachel Stokes Sr. of Utica.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center