Severstal making large investment in steel mills
by Associated Press
Published: February 22,2013
COLUMBUS — Severstal will invest $1.3 billion in its steel and mining operations worldwide with $43 million set aside for its rolled steel mill in Columbus.
The company says in a news release that while it will spend most of its investments in 2013 on its Russian operations, $107 million will be invested in the United States.
At Columbus, the company plans for health and safety improvements, environmental projects, infrastructure and production maintenance.
Severstal spokeswoman Katya Pruett says production at Columbus increased by 26 percent from 2011 to 2012. She says the company to increase production this year by 11 percent.
Severstal Columbus is capable of melting 3.4 million net tons of steel a year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones