Severstal making large investment in steel mills
by Associated Press
Published: February 22,2013
COLUMBUS — Severstal will invest $1.3 billion in its steel and mining operations worldwide with $43 million set aside for its rolled steel mill in Columbus.
The company says in a news release that while it will spend most of its investments in 2013 on its Russian operations, $107 million will be invested in the United States.
At Columbus, the company plans for health and safety improvements, environmental projects, infrastructure and production maintenance.
Severstal spokeswoman Katya Pruett says production at Columbus increased by 26 percent from 2011 to 2012. She says the company to increase production this year by 11 percent.
Severstal Columbus is capable of melting 3.4 million net tons of steel a year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county