Severstal making large investment in steel mills
Published: February 22,2013
COLUMBUS — Severstal will invest $1.3 billion in its steel and mining operations worldwide with $43 million set aside for its rolled steel mill in Columbus.
The company says in a news release that while it will spend most of its investments in 2013 on its Russian operations, $107 million will be invested in the United States.
At Columbus, the company plans for health and safety improvements, environmental projects, infrastructure and production maintenance.
Severstal spokeswoman Katya Pruett says production at Columbus increased by 26 percent from 2011 to 2012. She says the company to increase production this year by 11 percent.
Severstal Columbus is capable of melting 3.4 million net tons of steel a year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)