Severstal making large investment in steel mills
Published: February 22,2013
COLUMBUS — Severstal will invest $1.3 billion in its steel and mining operations worldwide with $43 million set aside for its rolled steel mill in Columbus.
The company says in a news release that while it will spend most of its investments in 2013 on its Russian operations, $107 million will be invested in the United States.
At Columbus, the company plans for health and safety improvements, environmental projects, infrastructure and production maintenance.
Severstal spokeswoman Katya Pruett says production at Columbus increased by 26 percent from 2011 to 2012. She says the company to increase production this year by 11 percent.
Severstal Columbus is capable of melting 3.4 million net tons of steel a year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi