Thames’ career recognized
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 22,2013
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC attorney Lee Davis Thames has been awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association. The award was given to Thames at MDLA’s 2013 Annual Membership Meeting to honor his long and successful career as a defense attorney, a career that has taken more than 200 trials to verdict in 21 states, the District of Columbia, Europe and the Middle East. Thames is a member of the firm’s Product Liability Group. He is an AV-rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell and has been named in Best Lawyers; top ranked in Chambers USA and named the 2012 Lawyer of the Year in Product Liability Litigation by Best Lawyers. He is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and was recently named to the Top 50 Mississippi Super Lawyers of 2012. He is a member of the American Bar Association, Defense Research Institute, the Board of Commissioners for the Mississippi Bar Association and a member of both the Capital Area Bar Association and the Warren County Bar Association.
Thames received his undergraduate degrees in both Greek and English from the University of Mississippi, and his juris doctorate from the University of Mississippi, where he served on the board of editors for the Mississippi Law Journal, and graduated first in his class. He later went on to receive his theology certificate from Sewanee: The University of the South.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- Bank welcomes Little
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history