Thames’ career recognized
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 22,2013
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC attorney Lee Davis Thames has been awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association. The award was given to Thames at MDLA’s 2013 Annual Membership Meeting to honor his long and successful career as a defense attorney, a career that has taken more than 200 trials to verdict in 21 states, the District of Columbia, Europe and the Middle East. Thames is a member of the firm’s Product Liability Group. He is an AV-rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell and has been named in Best Lawyers; top ranked in Chambers USA and named the 2012 Lawyer of the Year in Product Liability Litigation by Best Lawyers. He is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and was recently named to the Top 50 Mississippi Super Lawyers of 2012. He is a member of the American Bar Association, Defense Research Institute, the Board of Commissioners for the Mississippi Bar Association and a member of both the Capital Area Bar Association and the Warren County Bar Association.
Thames received his undergraduate degrees in both Greek and English from the University of Mississippi, and his juris doctorate from the University of Mississippi, where he served on the board of editors for the Mississippi Law Journal, and graduated first in his class. He later went on to receive his theology certificate from Sewanee: The University of the South.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force