Thames’ career recognized
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 22,2013
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC attorney Lee Davis Thames has been awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association. The award was given to Thames at MDLA’s 2013 Annual Membership Meeting to honor his long and successful career as a defense attorney, a career that has taken more than 200 trials to verdict in 21 states, the District of Columbia, Europe and the Middle East. Thames is a member of the firm’s Product Liability Group. He is an AV-rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell and has been named in Best Lawyers; top ranked in Chambers USA and named the 2012 Lawyer of the Year in Product Liability Litigation by Best Lawyers. He is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and was recently named to the Top 50 Mississippi Super Lawyers of 2012. He is a member of the American Bar Association, Defense Research Institute, the Board of Commissioners for the Mississippi Bar Association and a member of both the Capital Area Bar Association and the Warren County Bar Association.
Thames received his undergraduate degrees in both Greek and English from the University of Mississippi, and his juris doctorate from the University of Mississippi, where he served on the board of editors for the Mississippi Law Journal, and graduated first in his class. He later went on to receive his theology certificate from Sewanee: The University of the South.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program