Economic development organizations launch new blog
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 24,2013
Tags: blog, chamber of commerce, computer, convention and visitors bureau, economic development, employee, employer, employment, job, job creation, sociasl media, tourism, tourist, visitor, work, worker
VICKSBURG — Vicksburg economic development partners have launched a blog to keep the public informed on what is going on in the world of economic development and its effect on Vicksburg and Warren County.
Several Vicksburg organizations started meeting last fall to discuss marketing internally. The organizations include the Chamber of Commerce, Main Street, Convention and Visitors Bureau, Southern Cultural Heritage Foundation, Vicksburg Warren School District, Entergy, Vicksburg Convention Center, Corps of Engineers, Hinds Community College, Porter’s Chapel Academy, Vicksburg Catholic School, River Region and the Vicksburg Warren Economic Development Foundation.
“One of the major components of economic development is internal marketing, which is selling your story to your residents,” said Wayne Mansfield, executive director of the Vicksburg Warren Economic Development Foundation. “We are fortunate to have outstanding and creative leadership within our local marketing entities who sell our community daily to potential investors. Collectively, we realized that we needed to provide that same positive message to our citizens. We trust this blog to serve that purpose.”
The blog is at www.teamvicksburg.com. Engagement is encouraged — there is a light bulb icon where blog visitors can suggest topics that they would be interested in reading. Current topics in development include education, health care, economic development, chamber news, public policy, arts and culture, tourism and recreation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image