SoS reports steady growth in new businesses
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 24,2013
JACKSON — The number of new businesses forming in Mississippi shows an upward trend of steady growth, according to a report from the Secretary of State’s Office.
“As we move past this economic recession, more and more businesses want to set up shop in Mississippi, and the numbers show it,” Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann.
The statistics show Mississippi businesses prefer the limited liability company (LLC) structure to a corporate structure. Corporate formations have decreased from 3,819 per year in 2010 to 3,572 last year. New LLC formations rose to 14,918 from 12,005 in 2010.
Mississippi currently has 48,488 corporations registered to do business in the State and 77,704 LLCs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force