SoS reports steady growth in new businesses
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 24,2013
JACKSON — The number of new businesses forming in Mississippi shows an upward trend of steady growth, according to a report from the Secretary of State’s Office.
“As we move past this economic recession, more and more businesses want to set up shop in Mississippi, and the numbers show it,” Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann.
The statistics show Mississippi businesses prefer the limited liability company (LLC) structure to a corporate structure. Corporate formations have decreased from 3,819 per year in 2010 to 3,572 last year. New LLC formations rose to 14,918 from 12,005 in 2010.
Mississippi currently has 48,488 corporations registered to do business in the State and 77,704 LLCs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports