SoS reports steady growth in new businesses
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 24,2013
JACKSON — The number of new businesses forming in Mississippi shows an upward trend of steady growth, according to a report from the Secretary of State’s Office.
“As we move past this economic recession, more and more businesses want to set up shop in Mississippi, and the numbers show it,” Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann.
The statistics show Mississippi businesses prefer the limited liability company (LLC) structure to a corporate structure. Corporate formations have decreased from 3,819 per year in 2010 to 3,572 last year. New LLC formations rose to 14,918 from 12,005 in 2010.
Mississippi currently has 48,488 corporations registered to do business in the State and 77,704 LLCs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts