SoS reports steady growth in new businesses
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 24,2013
JACKSON — The number of new businesses forming in Mississippi shows an upward trend of steady growth, according to a report from the Secretary of State’s Office.
“As we move past this economic recession, more and more businesses want to set up shop in Mississippi, and the numbers show it,” Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann.
The statistics show Mississippi businesses prefer the limited liability company (LLC) structure to a corporate structure. Corporate formations have decreased from 3,819 per year in 2010 to 3,572 last year. New LLC formations rose to 14,918 from 12,005 in 2010.
Mississippi currently has 48,488 corporations registered to do business in the State and 77,704 LLCs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015