SoS reports steady growth in new businesses
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 24,2013
JACKSON — The number of new businesses forming in Mississippi shows an upward trend of steady growth, according to a report from the Secretary of State’s Office.
“As we move past this economic recession, more and more businesses want to set up shop in Mississippi, and the numbers show it,” Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann.
The statistics show Mississippi businesses prefer the limited liability company (LLC) structure to a corporate structure. Corporate formations have decreased from 3,819 per year in 2010 to 3,572 last year. New LLC formations rose to 14,918 from 12,005 in 2010.
Mississippi currently has 48,488 corporations registered to do business in the State and 77,704 LLCs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects