MDA leading trade mission to two European countries
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 25,2013
JACKSON — The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) will lead a business development mission to Germany and Poland from May 20-24. MDA invites Mississippi business representatives to participate in the trip, which is designed to connect Mississippi companies looking to expand trade and create business relationships with opportunities in the two markets.
“MDA has established contacts in Germany and Poland that will pre-qualify the buyers, distributors and other business representatives that will meet with the members of the Mississippi delegation. We also provide administrative support before, during and after the trip to help ensure participants can take full advantage of the business opportunities available to them in Germany and Poland,” said Aggie Sikora, MDA’s European trade specialist.
Qualified participating small businesses are offered financial incentives through the U.S. Small Business Administration-funded Mississippi State Trade Export Promotion (STEP) grant program to help offset certain costs related to the trip. The STEP program reimburses eligible businesses up to 50 percent of their travel costs, including airfare and lodging, and provides translation services at no cost. Additional services include scheduled appointments with prospective, qualified buyers, local transportation assistance and a customized itinerary.
Space is limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis, and early registration is recommended. The deadline to register is March 29.
For more information or to obtain a registration form, please contact Aggie Sikora at (601) 359-2952 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money