MEMA soliciting landlords in tornado-torn counties
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 25,2013
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — Landlords with available rental properties in Mississippi are urged to contact a housing locator service to list their available rental properties.
The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency and the Federal Emergency Management Agency are working together to find housing for those displaced by the recent tornadoes, storms and flooding.
In support of that, they encourage Mississippi landlords in or near the four counties affected – Forrest, Lamar, Marion and Wayne – to list their available rentals properties online at www.socialserve.com or to call SocialServe.com toll-free at 1-877-428-8844, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. -7 p.m. with property details.
Whether by phone or online, landlords should have details readily available about the rental unit such as type of dwelling, number of bedrooms and baths, handicapped accessibility, pet policy, monthly rental and deposit amount, whether utilities are included and other need-to-know information.
Socialserve.com offers assistance in English and Spanish. All vacant rental properties will be added to FEMA’s list of housing units for disaster survivors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game