MEMA soliciting landlords in tornado-torn counties
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 25,2013
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — Landlords with available rental properties in Mississippi are urged to contact a housing locator service to list their available rental properties.
The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency and the Federal Emergency Management Agency are working together to find housing for those displaced by the recent tornadoes, storms and flooding.
In support of that, they encourage Mississippi landlords in or near the four counties affected – Forrest, Lamar, Marion and Wayne – to list their available rentals properties online at www.socialserve.com or to call SocialServe.com toll-free at 1-877-428-8844, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. -7 p.m. with property details.
Whether by phone or online, landlords should have details readily available about the rental unit such as type of dwelling, number of bedrooms and baths, handicapped accessibility, pet policy, monthly rental and deposit amount, whether utilities are included and other need-to-know information.
Socialserve.com offers assistance in English and Spanish. All vacant rental properties will be added to FEMA’s list of housing units for disaster survivors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19