MEMA soliciting landlords in tornado-torn counties
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 25,2013
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — Landlords with available rental properties in Mississippi are urged to contact a housing locator service to list their available rental properties.
The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency and the Federal Emergency Management Agency are working together to find housing for those displaced by the recent tornadoes, storms and flooding.
In support of that, they encourage Mississippi landlords in or near the four counties affected – Forrest, Lamar, Marion and Wayne – to list their available rentals properties online at www.socialserve.com or to call SocialServe.com toll-free at 1-877-428-8844, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. -7 p.m. with property details.
Whether by phone or online, landlords should have details readily available about the rental unit such as type of dwelling, number of bedrooms and baths, handicapped accessibility, pet policy, monthly rental and deposit amount, whether utilities are included and other need-to-know information.
Socialserve.com offers assistance in English and Spanish. All vacant rental properties will be added to FEMA’s list of housing units for disaster survivors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job