MEMA soliciting landlords in tornado-torn counties
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 25,2013
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — Landlords with available rental properties in Mississippi are urged to contact a housing locator service to list their available rental properties.
The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency and the Federal Emergency Management Agency are working together to find housing for those displaced by the recent tornadoes, storms and flooding.
In support of that, they encourage Mississippi landlords in or near the four counties affected – Forrest, Lamar, Marion and Wayne – to list their available rentals properties online at www.socialserve.com or to call SocialServe.com toll-free at 1-877-428-8844, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. -7 p.m. with property details.
Whether by phone or online, landlords should have details readily available about the rental unit such as type of dwelling, number of bedrooms and baths, handicapped accessibility, pet policy, monthly rental and deposit amount, whether utilities are included and other need-to-know information.
Socialserve.com offers assistance in English and Spanish. All vacant rental properties will be added to FEMA’s list of housing units for disaster survivors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports