MEMA soliciting landlords in tornado-torn counties
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 25,2013
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — Landlords with available rental properties in Mississippi are urged to contact a housing locator service to list their available rental properties.
The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency and the Federal Emergency Management Agency are working together to find housing for those displaced by the recent tornadoes, storms and flooding.
In support of that, they encourage Mississippi landlords in or near the four counties affected – Forrest, Lamar, Marion and Wayne – to list their available rentals properties online at www.socialserve.com or to call SocialServe.com toll-free at 1-877-428-8844, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. -7 p.m. with property details.
Whether by phone or online, landlords should have details readily available about the rental unit such as type of dwelling, number of bedrooms and baths, handicapped accessibility, pet policy, monthly rental and deposit amount, whether utilities are included and other need-to-know information.
Socialserve.com offers assistance in English and Spanish. All vacant rental properties will be added to FEMA’s list of housing units for disaster survivors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years