Agency rolls out hunting/fishing license app for Android
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 26,2013
JACKSON — The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries & Parks (MDWFP) has released its hunting and fishing Android application.
The Android version of the MDWFP iPhone application contains a variety of tools and information for Mississippi hunters, anglers and outdoor enthusiasts. Users can download the application for free in the Google Play store
“The MDWFP Hunting and Fishing mobile apps were designed as gateways for sportsmen and sportswomen of Mississippi to communicate with the department using an interactive mobile application,” said Curtis Thornhill, chief information systems officer for MDWFP. “The hunters and anglers of Mississippi now have a variety of wildlife resources at their fingertips while they are enjoying the outdoors of Mississippi.”
The MDWFP Hunting and Fishing application allows users to purchase their hunting and fishing license, renew their boat registration and access information designed for use in the natural outdoors of Mississippi, all from their mobile device. Outdoor enthusiasts can access the GPS mapping feature to pinpoint nearby state parks and wildlife management areas or capture images of their game in the application’s trophy case. Additionally, a location based sunrise and sunset timer, daily feeding times/moon phases, as well as up to date MDWFP news feeds are all features of the application.
iPhone users can also enjoy the feature-rich application by searching “MDWFP Hunting and Fishing” in the Apple App Store and downloading the application free of charge on their iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad devices.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option