Banks honored for regional small business lending
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 26,2013
GULFPORT — Hancock Bank and Whitney Bank have received a combined eight national and regional Greenwich Excellence Awards in Small Business and Middle Market Banking for 2012.
According to a news release, the two Gulf South financial institutions were among the top six percent of eligible organizations to earn the coveted Greenwich Associates recognition, which is based on interviews with thousands of leading executives across the country.
Among the many honors, both Hancock and Whitney were recognized in the Regional Small Business category for Overall Satisfaction.
Sponsored by Greenwich Associates, a leading international research-based consulting firm in institutional financial services, the Greenwich Excellence Awards are based on an institution achieving a statistically significant margin in a single category greater than the mean for all banks at a 95 percent confidence level. The awards reflect ratings garnered from interviews with more than 25,000 business executives at companies with revenues between $1 million and $500 million, with more than 750 eligible banks. Only 39 banks were recognized for distinctive quality in middle market banking, and 42 were honored for small business banking.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma