Banks honored for regional small business lending
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 26,2013
GULFPORT — Hancock Bank and Whitney Bank have received a combined eight national and regional Greenwich Excellence Awards in Small Business and Middle Market Banking for 2012.
According to a news release, the two Gulf South financial institutions were among the top six percent of eligible organizations to earn the coveted Greenwich Associates recognition, which is based on interviews with thousands of leading executives across the country.
Among the many honors, both Hancock and Whitney were recognized in the Regional Small Business category for Overall Satisfaction.
Sponsored by Greenwich Associates, a leading international research-based consulting firm in institutional financial services, the Greenwich Excellence Awards are based on an institution achieving a statistically significant margin in a single category greater than the mean for all banks at a 95 percent confidence level. The awards reflect ratings garnered from interviews with more than 25,000 business executives at companies with revenues between $1 million and $500 million, with more than 750 eligible banks. Only 39 banks were recognized for distinctive quality in middle market banking, and 42 were honored for small business banking.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete