Bill passes making gun permit info harder to obtain
Published: February 26,2013
JACKSON — A Mississippi Senate committee approved a bill today that would make it difficult to get information on weapon permits, including concealed carry permits.
The bill would exclude the permit information from the state public records act. A court order would be required to obtain the data.
A representative of Gov. Phil Bryant’s office said that there have been two recent requests for the information, one from a newspaper and another from a blogger.
The amended version of House Bill 485 passed through Judiciary A Committee, despite opposition from multiple committee members. Sen. Derrick Simmons, a Democrat from Greenville who voted against the bill in committee, said the information should be available to the public.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Bill passes making gun permit info harder to obtain”
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training