Bill passes making gun permit info harder to obtain
Published: February 26,2013
JACKSON — A Mississippi Senate committee approved a bill today that would make it difficult to get information on weapon permits, including concealed carry permits.
The bill would exclude the permit information from the state public records act. A court order would be required to obtain the data.
A representative of Gov. Phil Bryant’s office said that there have been two recent requests for the information, one from a newspaper and another from a blogger.
The amended version of House Bill 485 passed through Judiciary A Committee, despite opposition from multiple committee members. Sen. Derrick Simmons, a Democrat from Greenville who voted against the bill in committee, said the information should be available to the public.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Bill passes making gun permit info harder to obtain”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs