Bill passes making gun permit info harder to obtain
by Associated Press
Published: February 26,2013
JACKSON — A Mississippi Senate committee approved a bill today that would make it difficult to get information on weapon permits, including concealed carry permits.
The bill would exclude the permit information from the state public records act. A court order would be required to obtain the data.
A representative of Gov. Phil Bryant’s office said that there have been two recent requests for the information, one from a newspaper and another from a blogger.
The amended version of House Bill 485 passed through Judiciary A Committee, despite opposition from multiple committee members. Sen. Derrick Simmons, a Democrat from Greenville who voted against the bill in committee, said the information should be available to the public.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Bill passes making gun permit info harder to obtain”
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme