Bill passes making gun permit info harder to obtain
Published: February 26,2013
JACKSON — A Mississippi Senate committee approved a bill today that would make it difficult to get information on weapon permits, including concealed carry permits.
The bill would exclude the permit information from the state public records act. A court order would be required to obtain the data.
A representative of Gov. Phil Bryant’s office said that there have been two recent requests for the information, one from a newspaper and another from a blogger.
The amended version of House Bill 485 passed through Judiciary A Committee, despite opposition from multiple committee members. Sen. Derrick Simmons, a Democrat from Greenville who voted against the bill in committee, said the information should be available to the public.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Bill passes making gun permit info harder to obtain”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren