C Spire launches 4G LTE service in another city
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 26,2013
PHILADELPHIA and RIDGELAND — C Spire Wireless has launched the next generation of mobile broadband services in Philadelphia with the activation of its 4G (Fourth Generation) Long Term Evolution (LTE) network.
“We’re pleased that local businesses and consumers in Philadelphia are in one of the first markets in Mississippi with access to the next generation of mobile broadband services,” said Bryan Templeton, regional manager of retail services for C Spire.
Philadelphia is one of 35 Mississippi markets that has received C Spire’s advanced 4G LTE services since September 2012 and one of three that will be activated over the next several weeks. Other markets to be activated soon include Vicksburg and Laurel, all part of the company’s multi-million dollar investment to bring the next generation of high-speed technology to customers. The markets cover 2,700 square miles, a population of 1.2 million and 388 cell sites.
“We’re proud of our launch of 4G LTE services in Philadelphia, but we’re even more excited about continuing to contribute to the economic development of this region,” Templeton said, noting that the company launched 4G LTE service in 33 other markets last year.
C Spire has invested nearly $2.9 million to expand its network and give Philadelphia and Neshoba County businesses and consumers the best personalized wireless experience available.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement