New school still on track to open next January
by Associated Press
Published: February 26,2013
OXFORD — Framework is in place and brickwork is progressing on the new Oxford High School.
Tim Prewitt, who oversees the work for Eley Guild Hardy, the school district’s architecture firm for the project, tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the project’s January 2014 opening target is still doable.
Oxford School Board members voted yesterday to hire the firm to design an estimated $700,000 renovation that will be carried out at Oxford Elementary School this summer.
The project will rework restrooms and rearrange office space and some of the unique learning space called the Oxploratorium.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Nullification and interposition
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable
- Ag officials say late planting reaching historical proportions