New school still on track to open next January
Published: February 26,2013
OXFORD — Framework is in place and brickwork is progressing on the new Oxford High School.
Tim Prewitt, who oversees the work for Eley Guild Hardy, the school district’s architecture firm for the project, tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the project’s January 2014 opening target is still doable.
Oxford School Board members voted yesterday to hire the firm to design an estimated $700,000 renovation that will be carried out at Oxford Elementary School this summer.
The project will rework restrooms and rearrange office space and some of the unique learning space called the Oxploratorium.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money