New school still on track to open next January
Published: February 26,2013
OXFORD — Framework is in place and brickwork is progressing on the new Oxford High School.
Tim Prewitt, who oversees the work for Eley Guild Hardy, the school district’s architecture firm for the project, tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the project’s January 2014 opening target is still doable.
Oxford School Board members voted yesterday to hire the firm to design an estimated $700,000 renovation that will be carried out at Oxford Elementary School this summer.
The project will rework restrooms and rearrange office space and some of the unique learning space called the Oxploratorium.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar