New school still on track to open next January
Published: February 26,2013
OXFORD — Framework is in place and brickwork is progressing on the new Oxford High School.
Tim Prewitt, who oversees the work for Eley Guild Hardy, the school district’s architecture firm for the project, tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the project’s January 2014 opening target is still doable.
Oxford School Board members voted yesterday to hire the firm to design an estimated $700,000 renovation that will be carried out at Oxford Elementary School this summer.
The project will rework restrooms and rearrange office space and some of the unique learning space called the Oxploratorium.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal