New school still on track to open next January
Published: February 26,2013
OXFORD — Framework is in place and brickwork is progressing on the new Oxford High School.
Tim Prewitt, who oversees the work for Eley Guild Hardy, the school district’s architecture firm for the project, tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the project’s January 2014 opening target is still doable.
Oxford School Board members voted yesterday to hire the firm to design an estimated $700,000 renovation that will be carried out at Oxford Elementary School this summer.
The project will rework restrooms and rearrange office space and some of the unique learning space called the Oxploratorium.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues