Southern’s Polymer Institute lends support to companies
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 26,2013
HATTIESBURG — During the third quarter of 2012, The Mississippi Polymer Institute at the University of Southern Mississippi provided outstanding technical assistance to four Mississippi-based manufacturing companies yielding $3 million in direct financial impact and resulting in the creation of 11 new jobs in the state.
This is according to a release from InnovateMEP Mississippi.
This work was reflected by independent auditors during the national survey of manufacturers by NIST MEP.
“We are very pleased with this achievement for Mississippi’s manufacturers by the InnovateMEP Center at USM-Mississippi Polymer Institute,” said Dr. Jay Tice, director of InnovateMEP Mississippi. “MPI, in conjunction with the University of Southern Mississippi’s School of Polymers and High Performance Materials, provides unique capabilities both within the state as well as nationally as our newest InnovateMEP Mississippi Center to help manufacturers become more competitive and grow their businesses. We look forward to the continued success of MPI in the future with small and medium sized manufacturers.”
The Mississippi Polymer Institute serves as the industrial outreach entity for The University of Southern Mississippi and its School of Polymers and High Performance Materials. Its mission is to support the growth of high tech businesses across the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Southern’s Polymer Institute lends support to companies”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion