Norwood wins special election to fill Harden’s Senate seat
by Associated Press
Published: February 27,2013
JACKSON — Former Jackson Public Schools school board member Sollie B. Norwood has defeated former Jackson city councilman Marshand Crisler in a runoff to complete the term of the late state Sen. Sen. Alice Harden.
Harden, a Democrat from Jackson, died in December.
Complete, but unofficial returns showed Norwood with 54 percent of the vote. He expects to be sworn in by the end of the week.
Senate District 28 is located entirely in Hinds County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones