Norwood wins special election to fill Harden’s Senate seat
by Associated Press
Published: February 27,2013
JACKSON — Former Jackson Public Schools school board member Sollie B. Norwood has defeated former Jackson city councilman Marshand Crisler in a runoff to complete the term of the late state Sen. Sen. Alice Harden.
Harden, a Democrat from Jackson, died in December.
Complete, but unofficial returns showed Norwood with 54 percent of the vote. He expects to be sworn in by the end of the week.
Senate District 28 is located entirely in Hinds County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil