Norwood wins special election to fill Harden’s Senate seat
by Associated Press
Published: February 27,2013
JACKSON — Former Jackson Public Schools school board member Sollie B. Norwood has defeated former Jackson city councilman Marshand Crisler in a runoff to complete the term of the late state Sen. Sen. Alice Harden.
Harden, a Democrat from Jackson, died in December.
Complete, but unofficial returns showed Norwood with 54 percent of the vote. He expects to be sworn in by the end of the week.
Senate District 28 is located entirely in Hinds County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi