Burke, Short promoted
Thad Burke, CPA, has been promoted to tax senior accountant, and Jessica Short, CPA, to audit supervisor by BKD, LLP’s. Both work in the accounting firm’s Jackson office. Burke began his career with BKD in 2010. He has gained valuable experience working with a wide variety of business clients and individuals. He is licensed by the state of Mississippi and is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants. Burke is a 2008 graduate of Mississippi College, where he received his bachelor of business administration degree with a major in accounting. He also received a masters of accounting from the University of Mississippi in 2010.
Short has more than eight years of experience in governmental and not-for profit accounting and audit services. She has three years of previous experience with the Mississippi Office of the State Auditor performing and serving as an in-charge auditor of financial statement and single audits of various state agencies. In addition, she has more than four years of previous experience initiating, executing, maintaining and reporting on federal grants and other contracts as the grants and contracts manager for a local not-for- profit company. Short is a 2003 graduate of Millsaps College with a B.B.A. degree in business administration with an emphasis in accounting and an M.Acc. degree. She obtained her license as a CPA in April 2008. Short is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state