Foundation names leaders, directors
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 1,2013
The Mississippi State University Foundation has named 2013 leaders and incoming members for the 46-seat board of directors. Incoming officers with one-year terms that began Jan. 1 include: Bobby S. Shackouls of Houston, Texas; Earnest W. “Earnie” Deavenport of Kiawah Island, S.C. and Banner Elk, N.C.; and, Mary M. Childs of Ripley.
MSU staff members make up the remaining board officers. John P. Rush, vice president for development and alumni, is the board’s CEO; David Easley, executive director of finance, CFO; and, Jack McCarty, executive director of development, board secretary. All are MSU graduates.
New members beginning three-year terms include: Linda F. Parker of Bolton; Nancy Qualls of Little Rock, Ark.; Wallace L. Seal of Bay St. Louis; and, Milton Sundbeck of West Point.
Members may be reappointed after leaving the board for a year after their terms expire. Seven MSU alumni are returning to the board for new three-year appointments, including: John N. “Nutie” Dowdle of Columbus; Haley R. Fisackerly of Jackson; Hassell H. Franklin of Houston; Wilbert G. “Mickey” Holliman Jr. of Belden; Richard H. Puckett Sr. of Jackson; Richard A. Rula of Jackson; and, Turner A. Wingo of Collierville, Tenn.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs