Keeping Our Eye On Kassi Rushing
Published: March 1,2013
Kassi Rushing is quick to assure us she has no political aspirations.
The daughter and granddaughter of two mayors of Golden, Mississippi (population: 300) has been the communications maven for Horne LLP in Ridgeland since 2007 and says she learned to love her state and be proud of her small town roots from her parents Janie and Ronnie Brown.
While one of her first jobs included helping clean and do chores at her grandparents house each Saturday, today Rushing helps keep house for the largest accounting firm headquartered in the state of Mississippi.
Rushing graduated with honors in communication from Mississippi State University, earned a master’s in communication and public relations from Mississippi College and is accredited in public relations (APR) from the Public Relations Society of America. She has also worked for a national non-profit women’s group and for Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance.
“I am passionate about organizing communication in a strategic approach including the disciplines of internal employee communication, PR, branding and marketing,” Rushing says. “I’m energized by people and am a chronic learner. I thrive under pressure and love to work on teams.”
In addition to handling internal communication and marketing for HORNE’s 12 offices in five states, Rushing says she considers herself the firm’s storyteller. The firm celebrated its fiftieth anniversary last year and Rushing helped promote the celebration throughout the year including various events and charitable contributions.
In her spare time, Rushing is an active member of the Public Relations Association of Mississippi (PRAM) and is in the gym four to five days a week where she has discovered her love for kickboxing and 5K marathons.
“Find someone who challenges you,” Rushing advises other young professionals, adding that her spiritual mentor and encourager-in-chief is her friend Carolyn Lyon. “Find someone who asks hard questions and someone who won’t let you get comfortable in your career.”
— By Stephen McDill
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand