MSU scientists honored
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 1,2013
Wayne Ebelhar, a research professor with the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station, recently received recognition for outstanding career achievements by the Southern Branch of the American Society of Agronomy. Ebelhar has conducted research at the Delta Research and Extension Center in Stoneville since 1980. His research emphasis has been on nutrient management for cotton, corn and soybean production in the Mississippi Delta. In recent years, he has investigated residue and tillage management in corn/soybean production systems in the Midsouth.
Ebelhar received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the University of Kentucky and his doctorate from the University of Illinois. Throughout his career, he has earned numerous awards and published many scientific papers.
MSU professor of plant and soil sciences Raja Reddy nominated Ebelhar for the award.
Also, MSU weed scientist Jason Bond was named the 2013 Rice Researcher of the Year at the 2013 Conservation Tillage Systems Cotton and Rice Conference in Baton Rouge, La. Bond has conducted research with an emphasis on rice, corn and cotton at MSU’s Delta Research and Extension Center in Stoneville for six years.
And, MSU Extension Service cotton specialist Darrin Dodds was named the 2013 Cotton Researcher of the Year. Dodds, who has worked at MSU for six years, studies cotton variety performance and management, fertility, plant growth regulator use, irrigation management and weed control.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal