MSU scientists honored
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 1,2013
Wayne Ebelhar, a research professor with the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station, recently received recognition for outstanding career achievements by the Southern Branch of the American Society of Agronomy. Ebelhar has conducted research at the Delta Research and Extension Center in Stoneville since 1980. His research emphasis has been on nutrient management for cotton, corn and soybean production in the Mississippi Delta. In recent years, he has investigated residue and tillage management in corn/soybean production systems in the Midsouth.
Ebelhar received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the University of Kentucky and his doctorate from the University of Illinois. Throughout his career, he has earned numerous awards and published many scientific papers.
MSU professor of plant and soil sciences Raja Reddy nominated Ebelhar for the award.
Also, MSU weed scientist Jason Bond was named the 2013 Rice Researcher of the Year at the 2013 Conservation Tillage Systems Cotton and Rice Conference in Baton Rouge, La. Bond has conducted research with an emphasis on rice, corn and cotton at MSU’s Delta Research and Extension Center in Stoneville for six years.
And, MSU Extension Service cotton specialist Darrin Dodds was named the 2013 Cotton Researcher of the Year. Dodds, who has worked at MSU for six years, studies cotton variety performance and management, fertility, plant growth regulator use, irrigation management and weed control.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs