Museum chooses Roosa
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 1,2013
The Walter Anderson Museum of Art has appointed Rosemary Roosa executive director. The Sun Herald reports Roosa was named interim director Aug. 2o. She replaces Linda Bloom, who resigned as executive director to return home to Hilton Head, S.C., for family reason.
Roosa has been involved with other nonprofits, including the Brown Condor’s Mississippi Aviation Heritage Museum, of which she has been a board member since 2006; and The Moon Tree Foundation, which honors the journey of her father, Stuart Roosa, to the moon with tree seeds. Roosa’s undergraduate degree is from Newcomb-Tulane College. She earned a master’s degree from William Carey University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19