Pigford dies at 80
Jimmy Pigford, who was director of the Meridian Little Theatre for 50 years, has died at the age of 80. MLT officials say Pigford had suffered a fall on Jan. 29 and died Feb. 4 at Rush Hospital from complications of surgery. Pigford had announced he would retire this year. He began his work in theater and film in 1955 in Hollywood. He returned to Mississippi in 1960 and became MLT’s director in 1965.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Community Bank names new officers
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran