Pigford dies at 80
Jimmy Pigford, who was director of the Meridian Little Theatre for 50 years, has died at the age of 80. MLT officials say Pigford had suffered a fall on Jan. 29 and died Feb. 4 at Rush Hospital from complications of surgery. Pigford had announced he would retire this year. He began his work in theater and film in 1955 in Hollywood. He returned to Mississippi in 1960 and became MLT’s director in 1965.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful