Pigford dies at 80
Jimmy Pigford, who was director of the Meridian Little Theatre for 50 years, has died at the age of 80. MLT officials say Pigford had suffered a fall on Jan. 29 and died Feb. 4 at Rush Hospital from complications of surgery. Pigford had announced he would retire this year. He began his work in theater and film in 1955 in Hollywood. He returned to Mississippi in 1960 and became MLT’s director in 1965.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county