Pigford dies at 80
Jimmy Pigford, who was director of the Meridian Little Theatre for 50 years, has died at the age of 80. MLT officials say Pigford had suffered a fall on Jan. 29 and died Feb. 4 at Rush Hospital from complications of surgery. Pigford had announced he would retire this year. He began his work in theater and film in 1955 in Hollywood. He returned to Mississippi in 1960 and became MLT’s director in 1965.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image