Pigford dies at 80
Jimmy Pigford, who was director of the Meridian Little Theatre for 50 years, has died at the age of 80. MLT officials say Pigford had suffered a fall on Jan. 29 and died Feb. 4 at Rush Hospital from complications of surgery. Pigford had announced he would retire this year. He began his work in theater and film in 1955 in Hollywood. He returned to Mississippi in 1960 and became MLT’s director in 1965.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State