Pigford dies at 80
Jimmy Pigford, who was director of the Meridian Little Theatre for 50 years, has died at the age of 80. MLT officials say Pigford had suffered a fall on Jan. 29 and died Feb. 4 at Rush Hospital from complications of surgery. Pigford had announced he would retire this year. He began his work in theater and film in 1955 in Hollywood. He returned to Mississippi in 1960 and became MLT’s director in 1965.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'