Smith earns scholarship
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 1,2013
Starkville nurse practitioner Mary Atkinson Smith, DNP, FNP-BC, has been named the sole recipient of a full scholarship to attend the Nurse in Washington Internship (NIWI) offered by the Nursing Organizations Alliance (The Alliance) in Washington, D.C. Smith is a board-certified family nurse practitioner and has additional certifications in orthopaedics and perioperative nursing. She is the director of health care services for the Golden Triangle Planning and Development District where she has recently incorporated her house call and transitional program that serves elderly and disabled homebound patients across a seven county area. Smith is also an assistant professor of nursing in the graduate nursing department at the Mississippi University for Women in addition to being adjunct faculty with the University of Alabama Capstone College of Nursing in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
She is an active member of several professional nursing organizations and has successfully published in various nursing journals. Smith has served as the past Mississippi Nurses Association District 18 president and is currently chair of the National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses Evidence-Based Practice and Research Committee.
Smith received her bachelor of science in nursing from the Mississippi University for Women, her master of science in nursing from the University of Mississippi School of Nursing and her doctor of nursing practice from the University of Alabama Capstone College of Nursing.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Short supplies, high demand boost cattle producer profits
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today